Lighting for a color cosmetics lab

CC7CC7 Member
edited January 2015 in Starting a cosmetic line
Hi, I want to start a small cosmetics company. Is there any special lighting required in the room where you mix pigments? Thanks so much!

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Full-spectrum lighting is what I'd suggest.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Bob is correct. You need either full-spectrum LED lamps (for a small lab) or you could take a look at the Philips ALTO range of full-spectrum discharge lamps as used in clothes stores etc, which produce an equivalent to sunlight. Actually I have a 150 watt version and in the winter it is like having sunshine inside the house. Lovely!
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    If you want to get really fancy, the walls should be painted neutral grey. An alternative is to use a color-matching booth: http://www.xrite.com/macbeth-lighting 
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • CC7CC7 Member
    Thanks so much Bobz and Belassi. This is very helpful. CC7