Glycol Distearate in Shampoo as emulsifier

Greetings,
                  I want to use Glycol Distearate in my shampoo as an emulsifying agent concentration 0.5. Cab please someone tell me how should i use it, i mean should i add it directly in the solution or should i mix it with something else before add it to the solution. 
                                                                                                      Thanks

Comments

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Glycol distearate is not an emulsifier but a pearlising agent.
  • please suggest something that could be used as emulsifier
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Your make a shampoo, right?
    Shampoo is a quite concentrated solution of emulsifiers. Why do you want to add another one? Or are you looking for a shampoo formulation recommendation (in which case you should rename your post)?
  • Greetings,
                      I want to use Glycol Distearate in my shampoo as an emulsifying agent concentration 0.5. Cab please someone tell me how should i use it, i mean should i add it directly in the solution or should i mix it with something else before add it to the solution. 
                                                                                                          Thanks
    i think glycol distearate is a foam depressant. i noticed that when i used it in my shampoo formula and also noticed that other brands that use it in shampoos have low foaming ability.
  • FekherFekher Member, Professional Chemist
    @enam yes glycol distearate can reduce the foaming effect so you need to use it at the minimum level to pearling effect. 
  • You can use euperlan from BASF for pearling effect