Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Oil to Milk Cleansing Oil Polyglyceral-4 Oleate

• Oil to Milk Cleansing Oil Polyglyceral-4 Oleate

Posted by Sal on October 24, 2020 at 8:27 pm
    Hi. I would like to mention that im having the problem with oil cleanser not coming off the face properly due to becoming thick creamy white texture when mixed with water. Usually 15% of pg 4 oleate is enough to give a milky texture when combined with water but instead of being milky, my formulation seems creamy specially on the cheeks only. The rest of my face does get a milky effect so im really note sure where the problem is. It couldnt be with the formulation as ive seen a well known organic formulator making it exactly the same way im making and also using the same recipe. Moreover, I know some great oil cleansers already in market with same formulations of 15%polyglycerl-4oleate and remaining oils. Now i need to know why im having issues even though the formulation isnt an issue???
    Please note im talking about 100% oil based formulation with 15% polyglyceral 4 olate , grapseed oils, coconut oils and vit E

Sal replied 3 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sal

October 24, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Do you think it could be due to mixing issues? This formulation surely doesnt require a sheer mixer at all as its 100% oil based formula and PG 4 oleate doesnt need to be heated at all. Im adding all ingredients in room temp. I weigh PG 4 oleate separately in a beaker first and leave it aside. Then i add all oils in another beaker and once they are mixed properly, I pour this oil blend into the PG 4 oleate beaker slowly whilst stirring the final blend.