what is sabotaging moisture?

Hello,

I had 20 people use it to test 2 different shower gel formulas.
Formula1:
C12-13 ALKYL LACTAT 0,7
PEG 6 CAPRYLIC CAPRIC TRIGLICERID 0,3
POLYGUERTENIUM-7 %1 USED. (COMPONENTS FOR MOISTURE AND FOAM)
Formula2: 
DEA 2
PEG-7 2
POLYGUERTENIUM- 1 USED.
Formula2 was also found to be more moist. what is the thing that sabotages moisture in the formula?

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    You will need to ask again because what you have written makes no sense. For a start, use proper names. POLYGUERTENIUM- 1??? C12-13 ALKYL LACTAT???
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Hi @Belassi ;

I tried 2 different formulation. the 1st formulation dried the skin. ı can not understand the reason for this. 

if we look at the ingredients, the moisture of the formula1 should have been higher. I come to this conclusion when I make a comparison. 

Formula 1
    C12-13 ALKYL LACTAT      %0,7
    PEG 6 CAPRYLIC CAPRIC TRIGLICERID      %0,3
    POLYGUERTENIUM-7               %1 

Formula 2
    DEA       %2
    PEG-7    %2
    POLYGUERTENIUM-7   %1

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Can't you use proper chemical names? I cannot make sense of it.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    PEG-7 or PEG-7 something? PEG-7 has no real use in a shower gel, doesn't foam or anything, but might act as moisturiser (obviously only if you don't rinse...).
    DEA is an additive, not a surfactant leaving Polyquaternium-7 as sole cleansing agent in product N°2 = insufficient cleaning = less stripping = higher perceived hydration.
    But that's just a wild guess because your INCI nomenclature does need a serious overhaul...
  • If my guess of your "PEG 6 CAPRYLIC CAPRIC TRIGLICERID" is the same as what i think it is, then based on my experience, it dried my skin slightly. I've not tried the others you have mentioned.