LAUNDRY DETERGENT Question

Hi everybody , i am starting my own detergent manufacturing business. AND i have trouble of finding chemicals that i can use for production of laundry detergent can i use CAPB 30 instead of CAPAO Please help me.

Comments

• @EngineerAMANAUEL The most direct replacement would be another amine oxide, like Cocamine oxide or Lauramine oxide, which can be easily found. CAPB doesn't interact in the same way with anionic surfactants, and since both CAPB and CAPAO help with foaming, detergency is improved more with CAPAO, especially against certain type of stains. The short answer to your question is no, but it can be done as a last resort.

• ketchito thank you very much for your help.

• Sodium Percarbonate,  it is a solid, environmentally friendly and highly stable bleaching agent, which combines the properties of hydrogen peroxide and sodium carbonate. You can buy this chemical.
  • edited September 21
    this is the formula i am using but i need your advice on replacment of chemicals for eample can i use sles instead of sls since it is widely available also can i replace CAPAO with CDEA i need you guys help.

water =80.085%
    Naoh=0.8%
    SLS=1.66%
    SLES=10%
    CAPAO=1 %
    Nacl99=1.4%
    labsa96=6%
    EDTA=0.1%
    preservative=0.05%
    perfume=0.1%
  • @EngineerAMANAUEL You can actually replace SLS by SLES in that formula. Regarding CAPB, you could replace it by CDEA, but you won't get as much foam and detergency will be reduced a bit (only not that much, since you're not using much CAPB). 
  • ketchito once again thank you very much for your help.