Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Innovation Hard laundry for clothes

• Farrukh

July 1, 2021 at 5:13 am

Which kind of oils and fats would you use because every oil and fats take different amount of lye

• SueSanderson

December 8, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Be careful when using essential oils to make soaps. If you overdo it with an oil base, your soap will not lather well. Besides, it will also feel greasy and unpleasant to the touch. I usually take no more than 1 teaspoon of aroma oil. Such soaps are best not just for hygienic procedures but for washing delicate clothes. I wash my kawaii outfits solely by using hand-made soaps. They don’t damage cloth, and the aroma is much better than any artificial perfumes. By the way, if you want to add a large amount of dry medicinal herbs, grind them and sift them through a sieve to not scratch the skin.

• Syl

December 8, 2021 at 4:14 pm

@ Noorahfm, to calculate the amount of lie, I recommend this soap calculator http://soapcalc.net/calc/SoapCalcWP.asp
    You will want to set the superfat at 0, then adjust PH at the end.
    This is to use the correct amount of NAOH in relation to the kind of fat you use. 

• Quimico

July 28, 2022 at 2:09 pm

What type of oil you are using?? Their is no soap with single oil, the basic of soap making is know the oil blends and each oil profile.
    Blend of
    1. Hard oils & Soft oils + Caustic soda(based on Saponification Value) + Stearic acid + Water used to make lye solution.