Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Requests / Opportunities Looking for help developing liquid castile soap

• Looking for help developing liquid castile soap

Posted by ISCKauai on September 14, 2020 at 9:41 pm

I work for a company that produces cold process soaps in Hawaii. Our state is offering grants to manufacturers for producing PPE for the State since we had a really hard time getting it shipped in. This will guarantee our state will have it’s own source “in house” so to speak.

We will also be able to add it into our product line and sell it, so we want it to fit with our other product lines which the liquid castile soap does.

In order to apply for the grant, we need to know all of the equipment, raw materials and consulting costs upon application. Due to the tight time schedule, we are hoping to hire a consultant that can formulate a recipe and give us a list of the manufacturing equipment we’d need to purchase. We don’t want to miss anything and have the cost come out of our pocket, when the State is willing to cover all of the costs.

My question is, Do we hire a formulator for the recipe and then a consultant to help us scale up, or is there a company that can do both (ideal)?

Thank you in advance for any information or leads.

mikethair replied 3 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Shilpi

October 22, 2020 at 1:51 pm

Hello,
    Please email me at Shilpi@skinveda.com. I might be able to assist you with both.

• mikethair

October 23, 2020 at 9:36 pm
    We produce a liquid Castile soap made from extra virgin olive oil. We use a saponification vat purchased from the USA. I have experience consulting remotely to companies in Africa on how to purchase, set up, and use the equipment, and also on the formulation.
    Email me at: mikethair@indochinenatural.com      I should be able to assist with both parts of your project.