Emulsifier for facial cream....

GraillotionGraillotion Member
edited August 21 in Formulating
Just a general question.... My next endeavor I want to attempt is a light facial cream....a day cream I think.  Was just curious as to what some of the go to emulsifiers would be...that can give a light heavenly texture.

I like using Varisoft EQ 65 as the co-emulsifier, so maybe something that will play well with that one.  I also prefer to avoid words like PEG (even though I use 165 in other products), was hoping to avoid that one for a facial product where some consumers might scrutinize the label a little closer.  Rita had come to mind...but not sure if it will provide a light non greasy feel?  But I am still  open to producing a product so wonderful...the consumer might look past some INCI words they cannot pronounce. :)  

Thanks in advance.

Montanov L had also crossed my mind.

Comments

• jemolianjemolian Member
    edited August 24
    Normally i'd do light gel creams since it's humid where i am, so my basic format is like this: 
    • 5% - 10% Ester (normally Isononyl Isononanoate)
    • 3% Lotionpro 165 or similar, Montanov L is fine as well
    • 2% Cetyl Alcohol
    • 1% Aristoflex AVC or 0.75% Sodium Carbomer
    • Glycerin with Betaine
    • Preservative 
    I don't use Glycols or Diols since they make my face tingle. Other Montanovs should be fine. It's replaceable with Montanov 202 if you want a matte finish. 
  • jemolian said:
    Normally i'd do light gel creams since it's humid where i am, so my basic format is like this: 
    • 5% - 10% Ester (normally Isononyl Isononanoate)
    • 3% Lotionpro 165 or similar, Montanov L is fine as well
    • 2% Cetyl Alcohol
    • 1% Aristoflex AVC or 0.75% Sodium Carbomer
    • Glycerin with Betaine
    • Preservative 
    I don't use Glycols or Diols since they make my face tingle. Other Montanovs should be fine. It's replaceable with Montanov 202 if you want a matte finish. 
    Thank you for your response.  I have most of those items on hand.
    I will experiment.
  • Sucrose Stearate makes nice light creams from my experience. 
  • lushderma said:
    Sucrose Stearate makes nice light creams from my experience. 
    Used as a co-emulsifier, or a primary?

Thank you for your comment.

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Primary or co-emulsifier ;) .
    I like it though I have the impression that it tends to soaping (or lack the knowledge or silicones to avoid it).