Fragrancing SPF Product

I've been developing an SPF product, and need to find something to give it a pleasant fragrance - client has requested that there not be "Parfum" on the INCI, so I'm realistically looking at an essential oil or floral waters. Having tested a number of floral waters, they've proven lacking, so I'm down to essential oils. 

I'm aware from previous experience that some essential oils can massively reduce the SPF value when tested in-vivo, due presumably to their sensitising properties. My question is: does anyone have experience of successfully using essential oils to fragrance SPF products, or failing that is anyone aware of any data available for the influence of various essential oils on the in-vivo SPF?

Comments

• natzam44natzam44 Member
    I thought you could list synthetic fragrances as "fragrance". I could be wrong though.
  • The brief is to not use synthetic fragrances, whether it's listed as Parfum or Fragrance. Thanks though
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    bergamot oil works well as a fragrance, but make sure it's furanocoumarin-free
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries