How to make a warming skin cream for cold hands and feet

raveenaraveena Member
edited July 7 in Formulating
Hi 
   I would like to make a very viscous and rich foot cream for people who have cold feet and hands. I have been researching raw materials but so far I can't find anything online. 
I do understand there are some essential oils that can work but I am looking for something that can give a warming sensation upon application. Is there anything out there? Appreciate all the help and thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Methyl Nicotinate gives an intense warming sensation, can be tricky to get hold of though
  • raveenaraveena Member
    Thank you very helpful.
  • EVchemEVchem Member
    Methyl Nicotinate will give 'warm' feeling but it is also a rubifacient (it will make your skin red). Personally my arm felt tingling and burning with  0.1% . 
    Glycerin only compositions will give a warming sensation as well, zeolites can provide slight warming. 

Vanillyl Butyl Ether is also sold as a warming agent, it hasn't worked well for me in creams the feeling was lost.
  • raveenaraveena Member
    EVchem said:
    Methyl Nicotinate will give 'warm' feeling but it is also a rubifacient (it will make your skin red). Personally my arm felt tingling and burning with  0.1% . 
    Glycerin only compositions will give a warming sensation as well, zeolites can provide slight warming. 

Vanillyl Butyl Ether is also sold as a warming agent, it hasn't worked well for me in creams the feeling was lost.
    I have been doing the research on Vanilyl BE. Have been told that it doesn't work with every individual.