Acne Pads Formulation

Hello Formulation Experts!  

I am trying to copy the formulation for the Walgreens Acne Pads for another product that I offer.  I had it formulated some time ago back in 2017 and then the company merged with another and the original formulator left.  I love the product however, but would like to  tweak it a little.  I have listed the ingredients below, would anyone here happen to know where I can find the amount included for each ingredient?  Thank you in advance!

Salicylic Acid - 2%
Caprylyl Glucoside
Citric Acid
Glycerin
Phenoxyethanol
Sodium Benzoate
Sodium Hydroxide
Water 
Witch Hazel

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member
    edited June 3
    The following is only an educated guess and I hope that others will offer corrections.
    Salicylic Acid - 2%
    Caprylyl Glucoside -- a surfactant. Since it is second, I guess it is in the range of 1.5% max, to 0.5% min.
    Citric Acid Q/S for required pH 
    Glycerin Perhaps 1%
    Phenoxyethanol 0.5%
    Sodium Benzoate 0.3%
    Sodium Hydroxide Q/S for required pH
    Water ? Why isn't this the first ingredient? Now I question if the list is even in correct % use order.
    Witch Hazel ?

PS. I just wasted my time looking at a close analogue of the above on Walgrens site. It is obvious that their damn ingredient list is not compliant with the rules.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • EVchemEVchem Member
    OTCs can  be placed in alphabetical order rather than descending for US, but since this is a combination drug-cosmetic  I believe it should have been descending order.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/training/OTC/topic4/topic4/da_01_04_0120.htm
  • veoniaveonia Member
    Thank you both for your input!
  • BelassiBelassi Member
    The surfactant is probably being used to get the SA into solution. You would want to find out the minimum percentage of that, to achieve solution.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • veoniaveonia Member
    Also, I would like to have this formulation copied with 1 slight modification and then ordered in bulk form so that I may package for my clients.  Any recommendations in how to go about or whom. Thank you!