Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Instant Skin Tightening ingredient

• yongnn30

December 8, 2014 at 1:54 am

@ChemWizard

For Instant Skin Tightening…Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (actually meant for food but it works well to give instant feeling)….. at 5% would give perfect Serum collarborate with hexapeptide and etc as (long terms anti aging actives)

• cherri

December 9, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Try using Pephtight from DSM or pullulan Pephatight has Algae Extract and Pullulan as INCI

• cherri

December 9, 2014 at 5:17 pm

@ChemWizard Sorry made a typo Pepha-Tight is the correct name

• Iaskedbetter

December 9, 2014 at 5:35 pm

You are looking for a good “cosmetic astringent”. “Astringents” are used to get that “tightening” or “tingling” sensation in cosmetic formulas. I’ve never used them myself, but that may help you in finding what you are looking for.

• markbroussard

December 9, 2014 at 6:51 pm

You might also try Witch Hazel Hydrosol and Hydrolysed Wheat Proteins.

• otherhalf

December 14, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Depends of what you are looking for.

If you want something that actually restructures the skin there is amazing research right now with creatine:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22151935

I think beiersdorf is adding it to their creams or will or something of the like.

Edit: did a mix up, it is ahava and Nivea that use them (Nivea still belongs to beiersdorf I think)

• lewhitak

December 15, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Straight pullulan in small quantities (0.1%) makes for a nice subtle tightening with a smooth product feel.

• cherri

December 18, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I just found this ingredient applied on my skin you feel instant tightening and has a nice film forming.
    Little tacky but still good for tightening effect try using DERMACRYL® E

• cherri

December 18, 2014 at 4:27 pm

also POLYURETHANE has a great film forming!!! feel instant tightening!!!