Do formulators exceed given usage rate of a product?

Beryl01Beryl01 Member
edited March 28 in Formulating
Hi everyone, 
I’m wondering why some products seem to work faster than others, even with the same ingredients. Do formulators sometimes exceed the use rate written of active ingredients to get faster or better results? 

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member
    That depends on price. But yes, I have sometimes made special edition items with high %s of peptides and other actives.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Beryl01Beryl01 Member
    Belassi said:
    That depends on price. But yes, I have sometimes made special edition items with high %s of peptides and other actives.
    Is it safe to do so? 
  • Sometimes I will use the max recommended % but also additions to aid in penetration. Sal Acid is a fave. 
  • BelassiBelassi Member
    Safety depends on the active. I'm referring to things such as peptides, not SA.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • ngarayeva001ngarayeva001 Member
    edited March 30
    This question has no answer. First of all most of the products that claim to work don’t. Human beings are known to enjoy placebo effect too much. Especially if they paid a lot. Second I dare those who thinks it’s a normal practice exceeding retinol over the recommended amount of 1% and see their face falling off.