Bearberry leaf powder and licorice root powder

Beryl01Beryl01 Member
edited March 21 in Formulating
hello everyone. 
Can someone tell me what bearberry leaf powder and licorice root powder are soluble in? For the purposes of making lotion. 

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member
    If it's the brown 12% licorice root extract, it is reasonably soluble in water.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    If it is really leaf and root powders, then they are not fully soluble in anything and have to be dispersed in the product.
  • DtdangDtdang Member
    usually the manufacturers tell you on the ingredient description or on COA
  • Beryl01Beryl01 Member
    Pharma said:
    If it is really leaf and root powders, then they are not fully soluble in anything and have to be dispersed in the product.
    How are they dispersed in the product?
  • Beryl01Beryl01 Member
    Belassi said:
    If it's the brown 12% licorice root extract, it is reasonably soluble in water.
    It says to disperse in glycerin 
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Beryl01 said:
    ...How are they dispersed in the product?
    Err... this may now sound like a stupid question but I have to ask, no offence: Do you know the definition of the word 'disperse' and what this actually means?
    If yes: Did you ever make cheese fondue (real one, not the ready-to-cook in vacuum sealed tin-foil pouches)? If yes, this would greatly reduce my time trying to explain things ;). If not: You may really want to consider doing so, it's very much worth it :smiley: ! I recommend 'moitié-moitié' (half Gruyère and half Vacherin fribourgeois).
  • DtdangDtdang Member
    The usage recommended and (water soluble or oil soluble) are listed on coa or ingredient description.