Hand Sanitizer Makes Hand Sticky After Use

The formulation of hand sanitizer which I am using is leaving stickiness on hand after use.

CARBOPOL 940       2gm
TEA.                           5 ml
Alovera Gel.              30 ml
Glycrine.                    5 ml
Lemon Fragranc.     2 ml

The product is also not transparent

Comments

• No Alcohol??  google bro.
  • BelassiBelassi Member
    Not expressed as proper percentages anyway.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • lmoscalmosca Member
    According to what you have there you are using:
    4.4 % carbopol
    12.3 % TEA (are you using pure TEA?  :#)
    13.7 % glycerine (ick)
    4.4 % fragrance (it must smell like a floor cleaner)
    65 % aloe.

I am surprised it does even look like a gel, I would say more like plumber's putty.

Post some real percentages if you want some feedback. 

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    lmosca said:
    I am surprised it does even look like a gel, I would say more like plumber's putty.
    LoL!
    What a smart invention this formulation is. Bashing and bouncing the viruses to 'death' has many advantage: no resistance develops, you can reuse the gel ball/bat many times and can even put it to good use when it comes to enforcing social distancing or getting the last roll of toilet tissue at walmart.
  • lmoscalmosca Member
    @Pharma, and the advantage is that it increases in mass as you incorporate dirt, phospholipid membranes, glycoproteins, and more gross stuff. After a couple of days, you can split it in half and give one half away to your friends! 

Oh boy, I am having a bad day. I need some levity.
  • Being devil’s advocate, Ignoring the fact it will destroy skin after several uses, with this much TEA, the pH is going to be around 12-ish I guess. Do viruses like such a pH at all? 
  • lmoscalmosca Member
    @ngarayeva001, definitely not. At that pH phospholipids and glycerides will start to saponify, proteins will denature and their chemical structure will be irreversibly changed by hydrolysis. Even so, with some much TEA, the solvent effect will probably be as important. Lipophilic stuff will likely be dissolved. TEA has a dielectric constant of around 7, which is comparable to that of ethyl acetate, so it will be extremely de-fattening.
  • ngarayeva001ngarayeva001 Member
    edited March 19
    Thank you @imosca. Although my chemistry isn’t on the level to understand dielectric constant but it’s very informative.
  • em88em88 Member
    Oh, God.