Black small little balls

Hello. So I was cleaning a drawer out and found an old blush I had that I haven't used. When I opened it saw it had these small balls on it. The blush doesn't smell old and the lil balls are soft but in the 12 years I've been doing makeup I haven't seen this before. So before I throw it away. I was curious on what it was. I hope you can see them in the photo. there around the rim of the blush.

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member
    They might be eggs laid by the Blusher Beetle, which is making a comeback.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • EVchemEVchem Member
    I have very weak knowledge of microbio, but the fact they only show up at the edges is interesting, I don't think growth would occur that way (unless the edges are holding more moisture?)
  • @EVchem it can be but I never even used it and it's been in a tight place. So I was wondering what they were. Is that a bacteria? Can I still use the blush?
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    I suspect it is the result of a reaction between something in the packaging and the formula.
  • MynkcosmoMynkcosmo Member
    edited March 19
    Thank u. So I should be okay to use? @Perry
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Use the product? I don't know. You should probably check it for microbial contamination before you use it. Ideally, you would just throw it away but if you don't want to, at least check for contamination.