Lip Gloss preservative

hi all

Thank you so much for this wonderful forum and experts who guide so well.

Making lip glosses and my base ingredients are: 

castor oil
capric Triglyceride
candelila wax
glycrin
TKB cap-2 preservative

what i do i melt the oils and wax then remove from heat, as soon as it cool down at room temperature i add glycrin as i am following some recepi. 

it needs a broad spectrum preservative as we add glycrin in the base.

2 questions: is tkb cap-2 is ok with this recepi?

if yes should i add preservative according to the glycrin quantity by weight 0.8%- 1% (recommended by the supplier)

or should i add preservative according to the whole weight as i make almost 150 grams of base,so preservative 1% (1.5 grams)? or according to the glycrin, which is 8 grams (0.8 grams preservative? 
Tagged:

Comments

• The way I understand usage rates, is that your usage rate should be based on total weight of base.  If your base is 150 grams, TKB cap-2 should be 1.2 - 1.5 grams.  Personally, I don't like TKB cap-2 because even at the lowest usage rate my lips get numb.  I found another preservative that I will be trying soon.
  • okarianna said:
    The way I understand usage rates, is that your usage rate should be based on total weight of base.  If your base is 150 grams, TKB cap-2 should be 1.2 - 1.5 grams.  Personally, I don't like TKB cap-2 because even at the lowest usage rate my lips get numb.  I found another preservative that I will be trying soon.
    thanks for your reply. what preservative your found can you plz share so i can use also in my Lip gloss base