Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Identifying unknown ingredients in hair products

• Identifying unknown ingredients in hair products

Posted by SunSkin on January 28, 2020 at 11:15 pm
    Hello!
    I’m trying to replicate two hair styling products off of the LOI, but there are a couple of ingredients that I do not recognize and nothing comes up when I google them.
    The first product is a hair wax in a light cream color that claims to have a medium hold. It’s very, very thick and sticky, but still fairly easy to spread. This is the LOI:
    Ceteareth 25, Oleth 20, Sorbitol, Water, Chemicuirt, Castor Oil, Beeswax, Fragrance.
    I don’t know what Chemicuirt it, and Oleth 20 is actually misspelled as Holeth 20 (at least that’s what I think), do you guys have any idea of what the ingredient may be or if the LOI is even close to being correct to work off of it?
    The second product is a “gel” wax. It’s completely solid but not sticky at all, it’s also totally clear and very smooth. The LOI is:
    Ceteareth 25, Oleth, Castor Oil, Espectrogem E2, Water, F270, Chemicuiert C, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Colorant.
    Again, I can’t identify Chemicuiert C and F270. Also, would that LOI give me a clear product or is it impossible to get a clear wax with those ingredients?
    I would appreciate any help you can give me in this subject, as well as possible proportions and quantities I can use of the ingredients in the LOI.
    SunSkin replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • EVchem

January 30, 2020 at 3:34 pm

these aren’t US products are they? I put them into the WINCI (PCPC registry of INCI names, it also includes registered tradenames and I got nothing for any of those. 
     it looks like those LOI may be  mixed with spanglish, I know we have at least one user on the forum based in mexico who might be able to help (@belassi)

Espectrogem E2 showed up in a brochure from 2015, the ingredient list looks like a hand sanitizer or cream? http://pfpeldorado.homeip.net/promos/Urba_co.pdf

http://pfpeldorado.homeip.net/buscar.php - you could try and call or send a message and ask them for more information

• belassi

January 30, 2020 at 8:19 pm

God alone knows. You will have to ask them.

• SunSkin

February 7, 2020 at 6:10 pm

Thank you for your help, I’ll message the company to see if they can give me any information on the matter. Very useful resources!