Castor Oil
Virgin Coconut Oil
Fragrance oil
Phenoxyethanol
PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
Lanolin
GMS Australia (Emulsifying Wax)
Candeuba Wax

It smells nice when its still in the jar but when i use it few minutes it will start smelling like vomit/bitter or sour. what could be the ingredients the produces that smell? please help thank you!

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Any of them (except water) could be producing the smell. Or maybe just a combination of ingredients.  You'll need to do a knock-out experiment to figure out which one is the main culprit. 
  • Some lanolin smells.
    Why borax?

• Gunther said:
    Some lanolin smells.
    Why borax?

yeah.. but it doesn't smell like vomit? do you think i need more preservatives? borax w/ beeswax can help emulsify water and oils
  • Perry said:
    Any of them (except water) could be producing the smell. Or maybe just a combination of ingredients.  You'll need to do a knock-out experiment to figure out which one is the main culprit. 
    ill try this one. maybe vco or lanolin? 
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
     borax w/ beeswax can help emulsify water and oils
    Yes, sure, if you want to make something for sale 100 years ago...
    Primitive.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Belassi said:
     borax w/ beeswax can help emulsify water and oils
    Yes, sure, if you want to make something for sale 100 years ago...
    Primitive.
    hahaha  :D , what do you think is the problem in my formula @Belassi

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    What do I think? I think it's a combination problem. You have all those smelly ingredients. Virgin coconut oil for example. What happens when a painter mixes all the colours together? A colour that looks like ... excrement.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.