CBD oil

Recently there are a lot of marketing about CBD oil.
anyone has experience to it for skincare cream?

many thanks in advance 

Comments

• MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    IMHO ... CBD has utility in pain relief topical products, but personally I think it is quite useless as an ingredient in a skincare "beauty" cream that is not intended for pain management.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    @MarkBroussard - agreed.

For cosmetics, it will give you the same benefit that other oils in formulas will give you...emollience.

• Yes, actually. I have found a lot of benefits with it in my products. Its pretty easy to formulate with- it is quite predictable. I have successfully made salves, lotions, roll-ons, lip balms, etc.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    edited January 10
    After working in CBD several years, it is not as easy to work with as far as longterm stability goes. We are seeing that CBD is inherently unstable over time. Secondly, how are you gauging the effects of topical CBD? Anecdotal data or testimonials alone aren't really empirical data.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Yep our CBD product claims are pretty much "here's the product...with CBD" nothing about effect 
  • Yes, I ordered CBD Alpinols skin care line, and it helped me a lot to cope with peeling and irritation. CBD skin therapy shows amazing results. At the moment it is my favourite product.