Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating GEL network for a “bodylotion” for my horse?

• GEL network for a “bodylotion” for my horse?

Posted by tinas on November 28, 2019 at 1:34 pm

For my hair conditioner, I use GEL network (Stearyl alc, Cetyl alc and SLS) and the gel is wonderful - no “whitening” effekt. Is it possible to create a similar kind of gel with something else than SLS, since I do not want to use SLS for skin care. I do not want any oil in the gel, and I do not want Zepimax (crosspolymer) since it is syntetic.

tinas replied 4 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ngarayeva001

November 28, 2019 at 2:59 pm

And what’s wrong with synthetic?

• gunther

November 28, 2019 at 11:35 pm

tinas said:

For my hair conditioner, I use GEL network (Stearyl alc, Cetyl alc and SLS) and the gel is wonderful - no “whitening” effekt. Is it possible to create a similar kind of gel with something else than SLS, since I do not want to use SLS for skin care. I do not want any oil in the gel, and I do not want Zepimax (crosspolymer) since it is syntetic.

How did you manage to make anionic SLS compatible with cationic conditioners?

You can make gel networks with SLES instead of SLS.

• tinas

November 29, 2019 at 7:54 am

Oh, looks like I want to create a hair conditioner - but I like to formulate a skin care “gel” without any SLS or SLES, but the same kind of “feeling” like the conditioner I made. Is that possible? I have tried natural polymers like xanthan, guar, agar and cellulose.