Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Good alternatives for Cyclohexasiloxane and Dycarprylyl Carbonate (Cetiol CC)

• Good alternatives for Cyclohexasiloxane and Dycarprylyl Carbonate (Cetiol CC)

Posted by Sophie9 on November 21, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Hi guys, 

I’ve been trying to make a body cream and i had a chemist create a formula for me according to what I want in the cream. 

So i want a cream that helps smoothen the skin, leaves silky, slippery and non greasy feel. And it seems that in the formula it has Cyclohexasiloxane and Cetiol CC which are hard to get because I can only start with small quantities. 
    ***So do you guys know any other awesome ingredients that do the same as these 2? 
    *** And if eventually I can get both Cyclohexasiloxane and Cetiol CC, can I use them in only oil and butter formula with water? 
    I hope to get some useful inputs from y’all 

best, 
    Sophie 

Sophie9 replied 4 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ozgirl

November 21, 2019 at 9:30 pm
    You can purchase small quantities of Cetiol CC from trulux.com.au. They ship internationally.
    Where are you located as others may know of local resellers that sell small quantities so you won’t have to change your formula.
  • Sophie9

November 21, 2019 at 10:51 pm

I live in Houston Texas. Thank you 

• ngarayeva001

November 22, 2019 at 6:50 am

I can’t comment on cetiol but cyclomethicone is very easy to find. It’s even sold on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5HJRN6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_pr41Db1E4PJR2
    This one is mostly D5 but you won’t be able to notice any difference between D5 and D6 in a moisturise.

• Sophie9

November 27, 2019 at 2:29 am

thank you, I didn’t even realize it’s available on Amazon!