how to remove IPA pungent odor

Hi guys..
I am facing some problems while making sanitizer.
1. The end product has remain odor of IPA, even after adding fragnance. Can anyone please suggest how can I remove this pungent smell.
2. How can I reduce stickiness affect.. I think it is because of carbomer which I used as to  thicken the solution.. I am taking 70% of IPA
Tagged:

Comments

• There is an ingredient called 'captisol' if you go to the magazine, Perfumers and Flavours' you will find it there. They are even giving away a free sample.
    Hope this helps!
    Dr. Catherine Pratt
    (B.Sc with HONS I , Ph.D Analytical/Organic Chem and Microbiology), Cosmetic Chemistry IPCS)
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi Dr Catherine,

Thanks for your help, will check and let you know.
    Otherside some perfume makers use to give time of 48 hrs to 6 weeks to stable the fragnance with alcohol. I am also checking with this method.
  • Ethyl alcohol smells much less than IPA.
  • AsadAsad Member
    But I can't use ethyl alcohol due to some reason.. . I need to sort this with IPA..
  • You can formulate sanitiser without IPA or ethanol. You certainly need to take out the IPA.
    Dr. Catherine Pratt
    (B.Sc with HONS I , Ph.D Analytical/Organic Chem and Microbiology), Cosmetic Chemistry IPCS)
  • Scientific studies show that ethanol works as good as IPA, if not better. So there's no reason to stick to IPA
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK513254/