Anti-Pollution

I read the article talking about Anti-pollution by using natural ingredients. Anyone has experiences. please share your experiences and is it legally claim anti-pollution in the cosmetic products such facial cream?

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Since you can define pollution however you like, I don't see any problem with the legality of making an anti-pollution claim.

I'm not sure what you're asking about though. Anti-pollution is just a marketing trend which is rather easy to adapt a standard cosmetic formula to make anti-pollution claims. There is nothing particularly special about anti-pollution formulas.
  • GuntherGunther Member
    edited November 5
    Any film on skin can work as an anti-pollution barrier.

You can devise a test where you apply a petrolatum or silicone containing skin cream, then spray some dilute acids (or other chemicals) to mimic acid rain
    The petrolatum or silicone film should lessen the skin damage.

No animal testing please.
  • smoksmok Member
    edited November 6
    Gunther said:
    Any film on skin can work as an anti-pollution barrier.

You can devise a test where you apply a petrolatum or silicone containing skin cream, then spray some dilute acids (or other chemicals) to mimic acid rain
    The petrolatum or silicone film should lessen the skin damage.

No animal testing please.
    Vaseline can be used as protection against chemical irritation (detergents, cleaning agents)
  • I don't know about acid rain but some diluted acids are great for skin :)