Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Quiz ??what have I formulated lol

• markbroussard

October 7, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I just love it when people post formulas using product trade names as opposed to INCI names for some ingredients …. just who is it that you think has time to look up product trade names to answer your question?  

• cheekychooky

October 7, 2019 at 12:25 pm

MarkBroussard
    Gee thanks kindly for your blunt comment it means so much to a newbie,please forgive me (not), obviously more learning needed by me but a better response from you was obviously just a bit difficult!!

• tanelise

October 7, 2019 at 2:10 pm

@cheekychooky, re-post your formula as @MarkBroussard indicated so we can have a dialogue and let us know how your formula turned out.

• pharma

October 7, 2019 at 5:01 pm
    You really use truffle oil?
    What are Kerestore and Hydrosoy?
    Just as a free advice (besides the one about using INCI): Don’t bite the hand that’s feeding you or you won’t get much help.
  • JonahRay

October 7, 2019 at 5:52 pm

What do you mean ‘what have I formulated’?

• oldperry

October 7, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Looks like you’re endeavoring to make a hair conditioner.

Other commenters are right though, it really helps if you include INCI names rather than trade names.

Also, while some people can come off as sounding rude, I would encourage you to ignore that kind of thing and give people the benefit of the doubt that their intentions are not meant to be combative. Communicating via text is very difficult and sometimes people read meaning into statements that weren’t actually meant.

thanks again for posting your question.

• ngarayeva001

October 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I have another question, why using paper when there’s Excel? It calculates for you and it’s very easy to scale up/down, replace ingredients, calculate HLB  at the end of the day.

• ngarayeva001

October 7, 2019 at 7:46 pm

Also you don’t have enough BTMS and cetyl alcohol and way too much oils in that conditioner.

• gunther

October 7, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Also you don’t have enough BTMS and cetyl alcohol and way too much oils in that conditioner.

Agree. Not enough emulsifier (BTMS) and too many oils.
    By the way I don’t think rinse off conditioners can deposit any significant amounts of oils on hair or skin.

@cheekychooky what’s your question?

• cheekychooky

October 7, 2019 at 10:17 pm

Ok  sorry for jumping on you @MarkBroussard ,I really was just trying to distract myself last night as my sister passed away yesterday after a long illness ..I shall endeavor to use excel and include the INCI names and repost later ,do I repost back here or make a new one .thanks and sorry again..

• oldperry

October 7, 2019 at 10:23 pm

@cheekychooky - You can make a new post or add on to this one. Whichever you prefer. 

• markbroussard

October 7, 2019 at 11:26 pm

@cheekychooky:

No worries … as Perry mentioned, when you read something posted by someone you have never communicated with before, it oftentimes can be interpreted with different intonation in the reader’s mind than intended in the writer’s mind … just always use INCI for your ingredients and that makes it easier for everyone to give you advice.

• murphy

November 6, 2019 at 8:28 pm

@Perry  What would recommend a good one pot cream conditioner starter formula (%’s) for BTMC (80) and Cetearyl Alcohol?