Expiration dating/lot number on plastic

Hi guys, what is your solution to add dates/lot numbers to plastic packaging if you do not have a laser marking system?

Comments

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    For tube, use a sealing machine which prints it in the "rim". I've been told they work with ultrasound... dunno if that's true.
    "We" use etiquettes which don't really stick that well and dissolve/smear fairly easily but since "we" are a pharmacy... if you know what I mean.
  • got ya :)) we also use laser-printed stickers that are waterproof but annoying to attach. So I was wondering if there is a better way
  • ozgirlozgirl Member, PCF student
    For small batches we sometimes use a handheld batch code printer. It is essentially a small inkjet printer.

We have also used the stickers in the past.
  • Our machine emboss Lot no & expiry date on crimp. That is heat sealing & embossing process. 
  • Hot code printer machine is ideal for imprinting date codes, lot numbers, expiration dates, and other letters/numbers into plastic and paper bags. 
    The raw material of our gel caps is sourced from Rousselot, the largest supplier of high quality bovine bone gel.