Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating anti hair loss shampoo

• anti hair loss shampoo

Posted by UsmanAli on September 14, 2019 at 7:21 am

ho how are you all 
    i want to make a anti hair fall shampoo 
    i have make a simple clear shampoo and now i want to add some active ingredients in for anti hair fall
    i have make shampoo with
    SLES
    cocobetain
    CDEA
    polyquart 7
    d-panthanol
    jaguar
    DMDM and formlien (as preservative)

is anyone know about any chemical which is use for anti hair fall please share 

pharma replied 4 years, 5 months ago 9 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • belassi

September 14, 2019 at 4:50 pm

There is nothing that works to prevent hair loss but we have had reports back from women who have been able to grow longer hair using our coffee/liquorice/stevia shampoo.

• pharma

September 14, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Minoxidil works but not as a shampoo and it’s considered a drug depending on where you live ;) . Other than that, there is no approved topical product that works from a scientifically proven point of view. “Traditionally”, there are dozen herbal concoctions which allegedly do (caffeine and menthol being amongst the better rated ones).

• gunther

September 14, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Some people swear by Ketoconazole shampoo.

• UsmanAli

September 15, 2019 at 5:13 am

can we add some extract in shampoo.
    is extract and oils beneficial in shampoo.

• UsmanAli

September 15, 2019 at 5:17 am

@Belassi sir how can we add coffee in shampoo and what about its stability .

• pharma

September 15, 2019 at 7:55 am

Ketoconazole is an antifungal agent, it only kills fungi ;) .

• markbroussard

September 15, 2019 at 10:14 am

@usmanali:

A shampoo is not a great format for a hair loss product since most of the “active” will simply be washed away as opposed to deposition on the scalp, hair shaft and follicle where it can actually have some effect.

That said, perhaps caffeine, nettle extract and copper tripeptide-1.  Use the copper tripeptide-1 powder at 0.2%.  

• belassi

September 15, 2019 at 2:54 pm

how can we add coffee in shampoo and what about its stability
    Well it’s quite simple, you make coffee and turn it into shampoo. Stability? At least 3 months. Someone keeps using the samples…

• kot

September 16, 2019 at 2:49 pm
  • oldperry

September 17, 2019 at 12:50 pm

@kot - they lost me with “open-label” study.  Any information gleaned from the study is horribly biased and can be ignored.

Why not do a blinded study to remove bias?  Neither Caffeine nor Minoxidil have detectable affects on the aesthetics of the formula. 

• khoikhoa

September 26, 2019 at 3:17 am

Coffee as a scrub, you need to suspend it in the formula

• bil7

October 17, 2019 at 9:44 am

Auspekhoikhoa said:

Coffee as a scrub, you need to suspend it in the formula

Suspend by synthalen w 400 

• gunther

October 18, 2019 at 1:48 am

Pharma said:

Ketoconazole is an antifungal agent, it only kills fungi ;) .

Newer research suggests ketoconazole may have some anti-DHT activity

In this paper, evidence is presented to support the hypothesis that ketoconazole 2% shampoo has a local disruption of the DHT pathway. It is proposed that using ketoconazole 2% shampoo as an adjunct to finasteride treatment could lead to a more complete inhibition of DHT and thus better treat AGA.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14729013

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3262531/

omparative data suggest that there may be a significant action of KCZ upon the course of androgenic alopecia and that Malassezia spp. may play a role in the inflammatory reaction.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9669136/

• pharma

October 18, 2019 at 6:18 pm
    @Gunther Learned something new today, thanks!
    Actually, I learned two things: Spironolactone seems to help against hormonal acne. Apropos spironolactone, this is also a newer off-label drug against hairloss, likely by inhibiting DHT. Unfortunately, it’s not very stable in solution.