Bakuchiol - the new thing?

We're looking to launch new products, and have come across Bakuchiol through a recommendation. It appears to tick all the boxes, retinol alternative that is safe for sensitive skin - sounds pretty great, but wondering what this community's take is on a Bakuchiol serum - also where we could potentially source Bakuchiol wholesale? We would make the serum ourselves, just not sure where the ingredient is available in the US. 

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    edited September 9
    My take - There is scant data that supports the claim of it being a retinol alternative (6 person non-replicated study)

But it got a lot of press in the last year so it can work well, at least for a little while, as a marketing ingredient.
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    @hemmnathan:

Contact Sytheon ... they have lots of supporting information & studies for their Bakuchiol ingredient.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

Provides Formulation Development and Lab-Scale Contract Manufacturing Services.  See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com

• Great thank you! I agree, it's interesting how big the discrepancy is between the actual small study and the vast amount of blog articles out there. But potentially a great marketing opportunity, would be great though if it does hold up over time. I called Sytheon too and have ordered samples, thanks for the tip!