Solubilizer for Vegan/Cruelty Free Oral Health Product

Hi there, I am new here :). I am based in the UK and make Vegan/Cruelty Free Oral Health Products.  I am looking for a suitable product to use to bind essential oils and water.  So far I have tried sunflower lecithin (its too brown) and also Guar Gum.  Any suggestions welcome.  I am making a minty mineral rinse.  Many thanks

Comments

• Sunflower solubilizer? It is a light yellow color. It's used for cosmetics so I'm not 100% sure if it should be used in the mouth.
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Most are vegan and cruelty free, especially the synthetic ones ;) .
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    try PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil or polysorbate 20 (pharmaceutical grade)
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Thank you all, we are trying to achieve a clear (slightly cloudy) product.  Sunflower made it brownish.  
  • Try Natural solubilizer Clear plus by Dr Straetman it's  PEG-free and gluten free , Solubol could work too depending of the essential oil I know the solution is clear using rosemary EO although it gets milky with some others, you will need to experiment with mint to find the right ratio, the seller recommends 1:4 (EO/solubol) but from experience I read you'd need to add more for a clear product.
  • Try Natural solubilizer Clear plus by Dr Straetman it's  PEG-free and gluten free , Solubol could work too depending of the essential oil I know the solution is clear using rosemary EO although it gets milky with some others, you will need to experiment with mint to find the right ratio, the seller recommends 1:4 (EO/solubol) but from experience I read you'd need to add more for a clear product.
    I used this for Propolis in 1:1 ratio for a propolis mouthwash, seems to work pretty well at keeping propolis in solution without resins precipitating.