Thickener that is ecocert cosmos approved

I want to develop a skin gel and that product has to be ecocert cosmos organic certified.Please suggest a thickener that will help me develop a transparent gel.

Comments

• you can search for raw materials that are ecocert approvec through their website http://ap.ecocert.com/glorganic/ecocert.php?l=en

my first thought would be some grade of xanthan gum
  • Try Rheocare XGN by BASF. 
  • EVchem said:
    you can search for raw materials that are ecocert approvec through their website http://ap.ecocert.com/glorganic/ecocert.php?l=en

my first thought would be some grade of xanthan gum
    But will xanthan gum give me a clear transparent gel....Iam afraid not...do u have any other alternatives??
  • Nubian said:
    Try Rheocare XGN by BASF. 
    This is xanthan gum and dat does not give me a transparent gel hence looking for alternatives..solagum AX(acacia + xanthan gum) was another option i know of but dat again gives hazy gels

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • @lopamudra it depends on how thick you are trying to go. @Nubian is suggesting a grade of xanthan that should meet your needs:

BASF’s Rheocare XGN is a new vegan, non-GMO xanthan gum stabiliser, thickener and hair styling polymer for emulsions and surfactant-based products including oral care. This Cosmos-compliant polymer is based on 100% renewable feedstock. It combines suspending and stabilising properties with high yield value and creates elastic properties in formulations. Formulations in water are crystal-clear. Its electrolyte and ethanol tolerance is high
  • @EVchem thanks for that.