Adding Biotin in Hair products

How would I do this? I'm trying to add biotin into a hair mask and hair mist but I can't find any liquid biotin meant for that. Do people who use biotin in products like that just use the powder?

Comments

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Smart people EAT it ;) .
    In cosmetics, biotin does nothing but boost the label. Since it is water soluble, using it in powdered form does fine.
  • Pharma said:
    Smart people EAT it ;) .
    In cosmetics, biotin does nothing but boost the label. Since it is water soluble, using it in powdered form does fine.
    I tried (eating) some supplement tabs.
    They did nothing, so I don't believe it will do anything noticeable in a cosmetic. 
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    While it doesn't do anything, if you want to incorporate it in the formula just mix it into the water phase until it dissolves.
  • BekaSBekaS Member
    Thank you everyone for answering my question :) 

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    edited August 15
    It is a marketing agreement with little to no effect on the hair. In addition, I think you will see that adding it will raise the cost per ounce of your product to a noticeable extent. It can be expensive.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.