Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Resources Dumoco’s catalogue has some interesting raws.

• pharma

June 28, 2019 at 12:28 pm
    Thanks for sharing, sounds really interesting!
    Any idea of their MOQs?
  • chemicalmatt

June 28, 2019 at 4:23 pm

I agree. Hope they place a North American office/warehouse someday.

• belassi

June 28, 2019 at 7:58 pm

I am interested in seeing if Natamycin is effective as an anti-dandruff agent.

• pharma

June 29, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Natamycin is an antibiotic. For the sake of not creating even more resistances against antibiotics, I advocate Swiss law: Only use it as prescription drug and not on/for anything else. In the EU, it’s used on a few cheeses, basically those where there’s a note on the package probably translated as “Rind unfit for consumption”.

• belassi

June 29, 2019 at 7:41 pm

It is only an antibiotic because of the strict ‘against life’ definition, as in, yeast is a form of life. You could say that alcohol is an antibiotic, iodine is an antibiotic, under the same definition. It has NO antibacterial action whatsoever. It is an antimycotic not an antibacterial.

• pharma

June 29, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Thanks, I stand corrected, not antibiotic (yes, the word antibiotic or rather it’s origin is not coherent with modern definition) but a fungicide. Although, that doesn’t change a thing. It is suspected that the use of natamycin causes cross-resistance with similar fungicides.