Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry How much Versagel should I add to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil?

• How much Versagel should I add to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil?

Posted by sarahify4 on June 5, 2019 at 4:06 am

I am currently trying to find out how much versagel would be appropriate to add to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil to fill up 10 lipgloss tubes of 10ml. Could you help me?

marytsiang replied 4 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • microformulation

June 5, 2019 at 11:57 am
    It is unlikely that you will get much help for one reason only, that being that your Formula is not in wt/wt%. Tablespoonsful are an inaccurate measure. All ingredients should be weighed.
    As a Chemist, I can give a suggested range for Versagel, based upon wt/wt% in the final Formula. Using volumetric measurements, we can not determine the appropriate final percentage.
  • sarahify4

June 5, 2019 at 12:47 pm

@Microformulation thank you for your answer! How much versagel would you suggest i use and can you mix Vitamin E and Versagel?

• microformulation

June 5, 2019 at 1:53 pm

1. You would need to post a Formulation in wt/wt%. Your volumetric measurements aren’t sufficient and it the entire Formulation has an effect on it.

• marytsiang

June 5, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Which versagel do you use in your product?
    versagel ME?
    if you use virgin coconut oil you have to add an antioxidant but I dont know if it is mixable with the kind of versagel you use.
    as @Microformulation has noticed, you do need to post the formula for further help.