How much Versagel should I add to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil?

I am currently trying to find out how much versagel would be appropriate to add to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil to fill up 10 lipgloss tubes of 10ml. Could you help me?

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    It is unlikely that you will get much help for one reason only, that being that your Formula is not in wt/wt%. Tablespoonsful are an inaccurate measure. All ingredients should be weighed.

As a Chemist, I can give a suggested range for Versagel, based upon wt/wt% in the final Formula. Using volumetric measurements, we can not determine the appropriate final percentage.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • sarahify4sarahify4 Member
    @Microformulation thank you for your answer! How much versagel would you suggest i use and can you mix Vitamin E and Versagel?
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    1. You would need to post a Formulation in wt/wt%. Your volumetric measurements aren't sufficient and it the entire Formulation has an effect on it.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Which versagel do you use in your product?
    versagel ME?
    if you use virgin coconut oil you have to add an antioxidant but I dont know if it is mixable with the kind of versagel you use.
    as @Microformulation has noticed, you do need to post the formula for further help.