pH Adjustment of Acrylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer

I received a new fixative to sample for a hair grooming product I am developing.
If anyone is familiar with Acrylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer I could use some assistance on adjusting to the correct pH for proper neautralization. The literature states 60-80%  neutralization would be ideal for the curl retention/humidity resistance I am looking for and 1-2% solids for use level.

It is supplied as a white acrylic and upon neutralization, will turn clear. Now, either my pH test strips are inaccurate as the pH is showing roughly 9 on the scale upon it turning clear.

Never having worked with this particular copolymer, is it normal to get such a high pH reading in order for neutralization/clear formulation to occure?

Now if I was to adjust the pH of final formulation back closer to 7 would this copolymer return to a milky consistancy as I am hoping to get the final formulation closer to neutral.

Using Triethanolamine to neutralize.

Comments

• What test strips are you using? I have only found one that is reasonably accurate - the four-pad type. I use them when I am doing development for rough pH measurements, for speed and convenience. They are reasonably accurate. Most pH strips are almost useless.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Thanks, Belassi. I have a pH meter, but I am out of calibration solution. So I was using test trips as you stated for rough measurements. I will have to order some camlab and solution. Figured my strips were most likely inaccurate as I never tested against my meter.