Most Effective whitening agent

hi How are you.
sir i want to know about any active ingredient(whitening agent) which can give white skin in 7 days whitout any other ingredient. 
Please tell me if anyone know about more effective whitening agent.

Comments

• Hydroquinone. I am not sure that it will work in 7 days. And its use is restricted in many countries.
  • Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    @Belassi I was just holding my breath for you to come up with something like this. 
  • For such a short time, 7 days
    a paler makeup foundations (or anthing that leaves a paler coat on skin) seems like the only alternative.
    It will rinse away upon washing, though.

Hydroquinone is the most effective whitening agent as @ngarayeva001 ; said

Resorcinol
    Main article: Resorcinol
    Resorcinol or m-hydroquinone is often used in skin-lightener cosmetics in countries where free hydroquinone is prohibite
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_whitening
  • Does not it depend on skin type or Age?
  • I don't think that age has anything to do with it. An extend of sun exposure does. What do you mean by skin type? If dry/normal/oily then no.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    By skin type, he is referring to different skin pigmentations as classified under the Fitzpatrick scale.

Alas, I highly doubt that the OP will find a single ingredient (or multiple even) that will affect a change in skin pigmentation in just 7 days. Even if it were possible, you would see marked inflammation as well. It isn't a realistic marketing benchmark.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • I agree. Skin doesn't regenerate that fast. A product needs at least a couple of weeks (sometimes months) to show results. Some time is required even when lasers are used to break pigment in melasma (i might be wrong but I think it's two weeks not one).
  • You can try hexylresorcinol, which is more effective then hydroquinone, without the side effects.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    @jeromeinthehouse - more effective than hydroquinone? Do you have a link to a study that shows this?

• the author used .5% hexylresorcinol, comparing to 2 % hydroquinone and found that it is just as effective

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283776287_Hexylresorcinol_Providing_Skin_Benefits_by_Modulating_Multiple_Molecular_Targets
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Thanks.

The following technology review paper suggests 4-Butylresorcinol is superior to hexylresorcinol. 

Mayuree Kanlayavattanakul & Nattaya Lourith (2018) Skin hyperpigmentation treatment using herbs: A review of clinical evidences, Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, 20:2, 123-131, DOI: 10.1080/14764172.2017.1368666
  • It's really amazing to take part in this world class forum of cosmetics industry 
  • I agree. Skin doesn't regenerate that fast. A product needs at least a couple of weeks (sometimes months) to show results. Some time is required even when lasers are used to break pigment in melasma (i might be wrong but I think it's two weeks not one).
    I agree. Topical treatments take time (depending on age, 4-6 weeks or longer) and the use of a hat and sunscreen! Unless the pigmentation to be faded is surgically altered, the pigment will comeback when the topical is discontinued and/or the area gets sun exposure. Sorry!
  • DtdangDtdang Member
    Completely fading dark spot is quite difficult to get, but you can see the results like even skin color and % fading dark spot 
    try alpha-arbutin + ethyl ascorbic acid 
  • @Dtdang, may I ask if you bought ethyl ascorbic acid from a retailer (DIY quantity)? I can’t find it anywhere. Sorry for off topic.
  • DtdangDtdang Member
    @ngarayeva001
    fision activewhite lotioncrafter
  • DtdangDtdang Member
    It combines both ethyl ascorbic acid and alpha arbutin together 
  • bil7bil7 Member
    Kojic dipalmitate 4 percent sodium ascorbyl phosphate 2 percent arbutin 2 percent hydroquinone 2 percent with vitamin e 5 percent plus lactic 2 percent and glycolic 1 percent works better
  • Whooooa! That's overkill! You don't need alpha arbutin if hydroquinone is already there. Alpha arbutin is a weak derivative of hydroquinone and it has the same mechanism of blocking tyrosinase as HQ, so why do you need both? Vitamin e has nothing to do with skin lightening. 
  • bil7bil7 Member
    Whooooa! That's overkill! You don't need alpha arbutin if hydroquinone is already there. Alpha arbutin is a weak derivative of hydroquinone and it has the same mechanism of blocking tyrosinase as HQ, so why do you need both? Vitamin e has nothing to do with skin lightening. 
    Vitamin e didn't meant here for whitening it for skin nourishing after usage dry effect 
  • Vitamin e at such concentration will act as pro-oxidant.
  • @Dtdang, may I ask if you bought ethyl ascorbic acid from a retailer (DIY quantity)? I can’t find it anywhere. Sorry for off topic.
    https://www.bulkactives.com/product/product/ethyl-ascorbic-acid.html
  • Thank you @gmliii!
  • how about n-acetyl glucosamine? Is it any better than alpha arbutin?