Here I am doing research and development to make highlighter liquid products which use an emulsion system. After I made stability in glass jar about 2 months and i put in the chamber 45°C, 4°C, 25°C, UV, and the Cycle test. As a result, I found a bit separation at 45 ° C and UV conditions. Below I attach the ingredients list and % of the material I use for this highlighter liquid product.
1. Diisostearyl Malate 8.2%
2. Cyclopentasiloxane 1.13%
3. Cyclopentasiloxane (and) PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone 3.49%
4. Dimethicone 11.28%
5. Disteardimonium hectorite 1.38%
6. Sorbitan sesquioleate 5.9%
7. Isododecane 8.36%
8. Phenoxyethanol (and) ethylhexylglycerin 0.51%
9. Tocopheryl acetate 0.26%
10. Ammonium Acryloyl Dimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer 0.1%
11. Alcohol Denat 3.08%
12. Propylene glycol 8.13%
13. Aqua (Water) 24.88%
14. Silica 0.66%
15. Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer 0.1%
16. Mica (and) Hydrogen Dimethicone 13.3%
17. Mica (and) Titanium Dioxide (and) Iron Oxides (and) Carmine 4.1%
18. Synthetic fluorphlogopite (and) CI 77891(and) CI 77491(and)Tin oxide 4.45%
19. Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (and) Iron oxides 0.69%
why is there separation? does the emulsifier I use doesn't match? or lack of binder?
if you have answers, suggestions or have experienced the same thing can we discuss it here? I am very happy if someone sends me in on my problem. thank you?.