Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Skin Vanilla color stabilizer for surfactants body wash

• Vanilla color stabilizer for surfactants body wash

Posted by Anonymous on October 4, 2018 at 8:56 pm

Dear all, I would like to ask you, is there a vanilla color stabilizer for surfactants products? 

Also, are there any substances that help extend the duration of the scent that a body lotion leaves on the skin?

thank you very much in advance for your time.

doreen replied 5 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • belassi

October 5, 2018 at 3:47 pm

is there a vanilla color stabilizer for surfactants products? 
    - what do you mean by that?

• gunther

October 5, 2018 at 4:06 pm

Are you aware how expensive natural vanilla became?

You may wish to consider using caramel as a colorant.
    It’s cheaper, more widely used and more stable
    yet totally natural.

• beautynerd

October 6, 2018 at 8:51 am
  • dr-catherine-pratt

November 12, 2018 at 12:32 am

I think that Glucam-P20 can help with vanilla, quote me if I am wrong.

• doreen

November 27, 2018 at 11:29 am

Belassi said:

is there a vanilla color stabilizer for surfactants products? 
    - what do you mean by that?

I think what is meant that vanilla (in a fragrance blend) can affect the colour, mostly brownish and how to avoid this?

• dr-catherine-pratt

November 29, 2018 at 6:36 am
    What about taking a few vanilla beans and boiling them and put in to a L of Olive Oil or Sunflower oil, so then you infuse it over a few days. There will be no colour.
    Or you can buy vanilla infused oils quite cheaply with a stunning odour and no colour. Hope this helps
  • doreen

November 29, 2018 at 11:08 am

What about taking a few vanilla beans and boiling them and put in to a L of Olive Oil or Sunflower oil, so then you infuse it over a few days. There will be no colour.

And there won’t be a scent to speak of. At least not when I made a vanilla macerate myself once (in almond oil). The smell was very weak…
    A year ago or so there was a perfumer on this forum, (who unfortunately isn’t active here anymore) he wrote that vanilla is one of the most difficult fragrant ingredients regarding discoloration etc.