Question - FDA Complaint Paint for Plastic Lip Stick & Lip Gloss Containers

Unknown Member
edited July 2014 in General
Good day,

Can anyone recommend / suggest a company that manufactures FDA Complaint or food safe paint?  We are trying to vacuum metallize or vacuum coat some of our plastic Lip Stick and Lip Gloss cases with our own colours and we want to use FDA Complaint paint.  Thank you.

Comments

• Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist

I'd suggest you ask your plastics manufacturer if they can provide coated or metallic effect plastic containers instead

the cost per unit would be higher, but it would be a lot more reliable and less labour intensive than trying to paint them after the fact

UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    edited July 2014
    could the mods please delete this comment; I got an error message when I tried to post it the first time, thought it hadn't worked, and ended up posting it twice by accident

cheers!
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • @Bill_Toge - Thank you for the suggestion.  This is our long term plan.  We needed a resource for a short term / low volume project and we found one.  Thanks.