Selling face and body carrier oils - EU Regulations

Hi all!

I have a quick question about those who are familiar with EU regulations. What safety or other tests would be required for products that only contain carrier oils? I know they won't be any stability or microbial tests necessary, but I am not sure what test or documentations are required to sell them in the EU.

Would appreciate any input :smile:

Thanking you in advance! 


  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    edited May 2018
    you'll need a Cosmetic Product Safety Report, which is a paper exercise carried out by an accredited toxicologist; a reputable and ethical toxicologist will want to see the MSDS and specs for any of the materials you use, and IFRA certificates/allergen declarations for any essential oils, before they can sign it off as safe
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • @Bill_Toge Thank you so much for your swift and comprehensive answer! I already have the MSDS for the ingredients I will use, so just need to get the CPSR done and look further into the IFRA certificates. Thanks again, much appreciated :smile:
Sign In or Register to comment.