Today I came across information about anti-oxidants I'd like to share with you. It's from a supplier, so there may be exaggeration to some extent.
- α-tocopherol can be pro oxidative in higher %, γ-tocopherol and δ-tocopherol are not;
- dl-α-tocopherol acetate doesn't have anti-oxidative activity;
- BHT and BHA are 'reasonably effective' and gamma/delta tocopherols have 'high anti-oxidant activity'. I always thought this was the other way around?
Perhaps someone can shed some light on this? (p.s. supplier sells tocopherols as well as BHT and BHA);
- Synergy tocopherol - ascorbyl palmitate;
- Synergy tocopherol/ascorbyl palmitate with rosemary extract.
A lot of facts also depend on type of oil and system (e.g. emulsion, oil blend)
I have one question, anyone feel free to answer. :-)
- Can you use BHT and tocopherol together in the same emulsion?