Knowing the % of Texapon N70

Chemist_AhmedChemist_Ahmed Member
edited January 2018 in Science
Hello everyone
This is my first post here hope to have a good answer
 How to analysis the texapon at lab. to identify the percentage of it without HPLC and other machines 
I need a manual proceed for this 
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Can be done easily via methylene blue titration. Ask supplier for method or look it up.
  • Can you help more with enough information about the titration 
  • Thanks my friend
  • You are welcome:hardest part is getting it set-up but accuracy on duplicate samples (same lab) is 0.5% and between outside labs is Within 1%.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Do you have an issue with the quality of the Texapon N70? If you simply want to know the percent solids, you can refer to the Technical Bulletin which sets the allowable percentage at 68-72%. The tested percentage of solids specific to your sample would be on the COA.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Microformulation percent solids and %active are two different things. Sulfation via SO3 (falling film) includes NaCL  and  Na2SO4 and/or unsulfated alcohol.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I was aware of that. I suppose I assumed that he was speaking of percent solids in his initial post. Didn't look atthefollow-ups as closely.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.