prevent or lessen bubbles

I'm told the salt of white licorice extract (Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate) and or licorice extract is a saponin.

We are using 1% of Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate in our spray but it's creating too many bubbles 9suds) in the bottle.

Is there a natural or less chemically way of reducing bubble formation?

There is Alpha-Arbutin, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine,  Saké Ferment.

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks,
Todd
Tagged:

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Your report does not agree with my experience. Pure DPG (a white powder) does not cause any foaming in my experience. Lower grades of extract (eg the brown 12% powder I also stock) does indeed contain saponins and has different effects to the purified acid or salt.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • ok, thought our grade was ≥98%. yep, it's the DPG. we added  0.5% in water, shook it and waala SUDS.  
  • ok, thought our grade was ≥98%. yep, it's the DPG. We made a 0.5% dpg in water, shook it, and waala - SUDS.  

Bad grade?
  • we spoke to the supplier and they say it's 99% DPG. waiting for them to answer the foaming problem

Very strange. I would have to make some and retest (I make it by reacting the pure acid with KOH)
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Thanks. The supplier double checked and made a 0.5% solution in water and he got lots of foam.
    I'll try this ASAP but am very busy at the moment.

• Thanks.