Hair Fixatives and Ceteareth

edited October 2017 in Formulating
Hello everyone

I am trying to formulate a water based hair pomade, I already got a stable product using pvp as fixer, now I want to make one which has a strong hold , for which I am using AMP-Acrylates / Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer but I am having a problem with ceteareth-25.
At the moment of mixing the two phases (at 85 ° C) and when the product reaches ambient temperature, it does not gel and remains watery
What could be the problem?

This is my formula 

Water                                                                                   45%
propylene glycol                                                                     6%
Polysorbate 20                                                                       2%                                                                   
Glyceryl cocoate                                                                     6%                                                               
Vegetable Glycerine                                                               5%
PEG 40 hidrogenated castor oil                                           1,5%
AMP-Acrylates / Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer                     3,5%
Ceteareth-25                                                                          30%
DMDM Hydantoin                                                                  0,5%
fragance                                                                                 0,5

Thanks so much

Comments