Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Skin Whitening additives

• Whitening additives

Posted by Chemist5000 on September 18, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Whitening in the intimate areas is very popular.  What are some rules of thumb in producing a Whitening product (lotion/serum/bath gel…etc)
    Do certain ones work together or not at all? Are there FDA regulations?What concentration should I use in the intimate area?

Chemist5000 replied 6 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • drbobverdient-biz

September 18, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Whitening is a drug claim.There are four or five pathways for lightening which are similar to whitening.Each may require a different active to cover all the bases.

• Chemist5000

September 19, 2017 at 4:34 pm

@DRBOB@VERDIENT.BIZ do you care to elaborate?  What is a better term to use than “whitening”?  I am familiar with a few non OTC raw materials for this purpose but not sure the concentration to use with either.  Can you address this all so?   Thanks

• drbobverdient-biz

September 19, 2017 at 5:02 pm

skin brightening is a cosmetic claim you can use but unable to comment on concentration of additives. 

• Chemist5000

September 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm

@DRBOB@VERDIENT.BIZ you changed your picture? its your forehead.  
    Can you recommend one skin brightening raw material that is cool for intimate areas?

• bobzchemist

September 19, 2017 at 6:25 pm

Will TiO2 work for this purpose? It will rub off eventually, but using it would get around most safety concerns.

• bobzchemist

September 19, 2017 at 6:28 pm

I’m proud of myself for avoiding talking about the (mostly juvenile) humorous thoughts that are running around my head when considering a marketing campaign for a product like this.

• drbobverdient-biz

September 19, 2017 at 8:49 pm

@Chemist5000 Zno should work at 1-2% but you have to look at monograph as it is OTC drug used in diaper rash.Whats with the picture?

• Chemist5000

September 19, 2017 at 9:56 pm

Seriously???  ZnO or TiO2?  What is the effectiveness of these?  Most customers want to see a serious change in about 4 weeks. Will that happy with lite browning?   I wasn’t even familiar with these 2.  Most competitor products have arbutin, bearberry extract, derivatives of Vitamin C etc.

@Bobzchemist  Just be juvenile and homorous it will make you happy.  Believe me we are doing all ready….. :D