Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating question about overhead stirrer

Tagged: ,

• question about overhead stirrer

Posted by Anonymous on July 1, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Could anyone provide an advice about the overhead stirrer copied below? I’m new in cosmetics, want to start with small batches, 200-400 ml, but may progress to bigger batches later.

Will this 20L stirrer a good choice? Can it do 200-400 ml batch?

SCILOGEX OS20-S LED Digital Overhead Stirrer, 0-2200rpm, 20L Capacity

I have read some of the posts at forum and this stirrer stands out.

Thank you.

MakingSkincare replied 6 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • MakingSkincare

July 2, 2017 at 10:59 am

I’m not familiar with the scilogex (torque etc matters), you may wish to take a look at my comments in this post where I do recommend some overhead stirrers: https://chemistscorner.com/cosmeticsciencetalk/discussion/95/industrial-mixer-for-small-scale-manufacturer-emulsions

• markbroussard

July 2, 2017 at 1:05 pm

@czhang:

This is as good as any other overhead stirrer on the market.  It will serve your purposes well.

• doglilac

September 14, 2017 at 1:52 pm

@MakingSkincare sorry to revive an old thread but I read in the discussion you linked that you work with the Heidolph RZR 2041. I have just purchased one that I have come across on eBay at a great price and wondered if you could point me in the right direction of what dissolver stirrer I could purchase for making creams/lotions. I am waiting on the propeller that Heidolph sell but thinking that it would be handy to have a dissolver also. Also will one size allow for mixing/dispersing up to 2 kg of cream? apologies for advance if this is a daft question.

• MakingSkincare

September 14, 2017 at 5:05 pm

@doglilac I can send you some links - please send me a message.