I'd like to make daily facial moisturizing cream for dry and sensitive skin at home so I come up with this formula.
Ingredient for 100 g of facial cream
1. Aqua 75 g
2. Squalane (olive) 5 g
3. Glycerin(vegetable 99.5%) 5 g
4. Argan oil 5 g
5. 1,2-Hexanediol 4 g
6. Cetearyl alcohol 3 g
7. Phospholipid (Hydrogenated lecithin) 3 g
1. Mix glycerin and 1,2-Hexanediol in aqua (water phase)
2. Mix Phospholipid into the water phase at room temperature and spinning the mixture intensively until combined
3. Mix squalane with argan oil and warm the oil mixture to 158F(70C) then mix cetearyl alcohol into the oil mixture. Stir until dissolved.
4. Warm the water phase up to 158F (70C)
5. Combine water phase and oil phase together and stir until the cream is formed.
1. Is this formulation safe and practical? Will the cream be formed if I use this formula? Will the water phase and oil phase stay combined and not separated? (I really don't have much Chemistry basis.)
2. Can I use juice blender or hand mixer to spin phospholipid into water mixture?
3. (If the formula is alright) Is this cream suitable for dry and sensitive skin?
3. (If the formula is alright) Can young children (0-5 yrs) use this cream?
Thank you in advance