Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Advanced Questions looking for raw materials equivalent !

Tagged: 

• johnb

April 14, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Colonial CNDF is also known as Meroxapol 311 and is, technically an ethylene oxide/propylene oxide block polymer termed peg/ppg-21/7 copolymer.

Surfadone LP-100 is N-Octyl-2-Pyrrolidone. I doubt there is an altenative

• nabil

April 14, 2017 at 2:52 pm

johnb, do you have any TDS for Meroxapol 311?

• johnb

April 14, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Sorry, I don’t but there is information to be found on Google

• nabil

April 14, 2017 at 10:08 pm

i have found the equivalent for sufadone lp100 that is Plurafac SLF-18
    but none for Colonial CNDF from basf….

• nabil

April 15, 2017 at 11:48 am

anyone can advice…?

• johnb

April 15, 2017 at 3:15 pm

I don’t think you will find that Plurafac SLF18 is a Surfadone LP100 equivalent.

Plurafac is a name give to BASF alcohol ethoxylates - which doesn’t fit with the identity of Surfadone LP100 which is N-Octyl-2-Pyrrolidone, as I stated previously.

Colonial CNDF is equivalent to Meroxapol 311 which identifies as peg/ppg-21/7 copolymer - a POE/PPG block polymer detergent for which the commercial term by BASF is Pluronic (not Plurafac).

• nabil

April 15, 2017 at 3:38 pm

thx johnb, from witch company is Meroxapol 311?
    you right about plurafac slf18…

• johnb

April 16, 2017 at 7:27 am

You may be able to find an equivalent Pluronic material in the BASF listings.

• johnb

April 16, 2017 at 8:10 am

I’m fairly sure that this EXACT grade is not essential to your needs and a substitute PEG/PPG block polymer or even a completely different nonionic surfactant could be made.

What is the product under consideration?

• nabil

April 16, 2017 at 7:27 pm

the product will be  rince aid liquid for auto dishwash.

• johnb

April 17, 2017 at 6:51 am

I am sure that exact replacements for the two surfactants are not necessary.

The requirement for auto dish wash rinse aids is that they contain a suitable acid material to neutralise and residues of the strongly alkaline cleaning  detergent and a compatible, very low foaming surfactant to prevent streaking.

Some ingredient disclosures for modern rinse aids are given here in this article:

http://dishwashers.reviewed.com/features/what-the-heck-is-rinse-aid-and-why-do-i-need-it