Solubility properties

hie,
I am working on solubilizing essential oil in water and i found that when I use different polyglceryl esters it gives different solubility properties. My question would be the solubility properties is affected by the Hydroxyl value of the esters or the fatty acid chain length or both?

I am currently using a Polyglyceryl-3 esters (HV:900) and Polyglyceryl-4 esters (HV: 750) both with different fatty acids bonded. PG-3 esters gives better results (clear solution when sollubilise in water)

Comments

• I'd try to get a hold of some polysorbate-20, ethoxylated OHs, or some PEGs and play with those. 
  • ssdcssdc Member
    The problem is there are request for natural and PEG free
  • johnbjohnb Member
    The substances you exemplify are products of the chemical factory and are far from being natural.
  • ssdcssdc Member
    We are looking for something that is naturally derived
  • We are looking for something that is naturally derived
    I think you will be looking for a long time. A very long time.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • ssdcssdc Member
    currently i am using polyglyceryl-4 caprate which i believed is categories as naturally derived. please correct me if i am wrong
  • Check out
    NATRAGEM S140 from CRODA

• well you already have what you need then...

Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.