Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Any forum like this for home care?

Tagged: 

• Any forum like this for home care?

Posted by billichemist on January 19, 2017 at 3:39 am

Looking at making some home care products, any forum as excellent as this for homecare, cleaning products?

chemist77 replied 7 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • johnb

January 19, 2017 at 7:54 am

I am not aware of a “homecare” dedicated forum but there are enquiries here for such product types.

The thing with homecare and I&I products is that they are much more limited in scope and variation compared to cosmetic products. Genuine innovation in this marketplace is quite rare and usually subject to intellectual property rights such that new products on the market are protected by patent, are variations of another product or are novelty type products which appear on the market  for a relatively short time and then disappear. Air fresheners are particularly prone to this last.

Having said that, a number of members here have experience in this product type and also there is much information available online from raw material manufacturers and suppliers.

Is your enquiry for commecial development or personal interest?

• oldperry

January 19, 2017 at 1:37 pm

We could create a “home care” category. As @johnb said some of the chemists here know about the homecare and I&I industry but not many.

I’m also not aware of any other such forum. Perhaps there is a LinkedIn group.

• johnb

January 19, 2017 at 2:49 pm

I know some stuff about homecare and I&I and I’m sure others do, judging from some of the replies I’ve seen.

As it’s a closely related discipline, it should fit in OK.

• belassi

January 19, 2017 at 5:10 pm

At the Univar seminar I attended recently, I was amazed by the difference between the industries. We made some very high-tech products that were mainly water but had terrific ability to degrease, etc. Most of the products I see in the stores don’t come close to that level of technology.

• chemist77

January 19, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Post your query and let’s see if we can help you, I am working with H&I and if it falls in my scope then you are in luck.