Pressing Phase : Pressing Stamp

Shymb28Shymb28 Member
edited October 2016 in Resources
I've search high and low and seem to be stuck. What are some good places to purchase pressing stamp or anything like like that? 

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    What are you trying to do?

Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Hey Bob, by the way thank you for advice. Ive come up with another formula and its great. 

Okay so I am down to the pressing stages with my powders.  Right when they are in the pan I want there to be a symbol or design that is embedded into the product. Now I know within due time once the product is used the Design/logo will be non existent.  I am just looking for there to be a design symbol, something that makes it distinctive to the client. I've attached a link to a product that looks as what I am describing. 

http://i01.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/prodfull/jay-manuel-beauty-soft-focus-powder-blush-escape-d-20150313144124803~405434.jpg
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    Machine shop job. Or an engraver. Depending on the degree of detail required.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Thanks for the response Belassi. I am fairly new into this is there anything else other than a machine I can use even if i have to do it manual. I brought from a website "Pressing ribbon" and I can manually do this into the press powders. But as I searched to see if there is anything out there with a different pattern or design it seems I cant find anything.
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    1. Do you have a logo and if so is it trademarked. If not then that is the first thing to do.
    2. Take your logo to a 3-D design professional and have it made into a 3-D drawing.
    3. Take your 3-D drawing to a printing company - one that prints in sintered metal - and have them print it with a backing the correct size and shape for the stamp.
    There are alternative methods using older technology but this is about the simplest.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
    When you make a pressed powder, you need a real press to apply several hundred psi, or your powder will not stay in the pan. Something like this manual one from Carver will work, but it's very slow:
    Manual bench top lab presses

You will also need a pressed powder mold+ram, like this one:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/26mm-Compact-Powder-or-Eyeshadow-Pressed-Mold/32604969383.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.23.K82vjO 

The ram can be possibly be engraved deeply enough to leave a simple design in the powder, but it will be costly.

You can't do this by hand without a press and get consistent results.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Belassi thank you I have began looking into it.
  • Hey Bob,

After your response I look into few other places even found a few places outsourced that sells the equipment.  Unfortunately for now to cut my cost I am going to withhold for that FOR NOW. I'm doing everything by hand now just so i can get an Idea on what needs to be done etc, Now i'm not doing in major batch sizes. So I am okay with the process of manually hand pressing it. Its more then the less for me to get the idea of my next move. But I have received quotes, and sometime next year I will be buying the equipment.
    Good for you. If you can get the right mold, with some creative tinkering using one of these presses in the lab can give you an approximation of what a hydraulic press can do. The trick is to always press with the same amount of duration and force.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-arbor-press-3552.html